Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Company Line

From: specialedandme.com

I was at our third district-mandated training for common core standards this week.  We finished our 18 hours of training-whew!  I didn't think I could take any more of this, but then I think of our poor elementary school teachers who get to endure 54 hours of this.

I actually had one really useful session, but since this is a blog, let me complain: during a Q-and-A with our department leaders, I got the distinct impression that nothing will matter much than test scores soon.  Us CTE teachers seem to be late to the party that EOC teachers have already been to.

So what if:
Your student is EC?  Doesn't matter
You teach your students real skills? Doesn't matter
Kids hate week-long reviews? Doesn't matter
Your student had a lobotomy? Doesn't matter
Your student missed 50 days? Doesn't matter
Your student had no arms with which to hold a pencil for said test? Doesn't matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment