Monday, May 13, 2013

The Wrong Profession?

From: blogs.telegraph.co.uk

I consider myself an easy-going guy.  I'm generally in a good mood.  But I've had a couple of episodes in the last week that make me wonder if I'm in the right profession.

Last Sunday, I was leaving church when I ran into a retired teacher in the parking lot.  She asked me how the job was going, and I answered "26 days!"  My response changed her mood.  She said she was sad that a young (ha!) teacher was that disillusioned, and that I should get out of teaching.  I thought she was wrong until...

Tonight, when my wife asked me why I left the gangster magnet school I had taught at for the last six years when I was so unhappy at my new school.  I told her things should get better next year--I still believe that guidance departments haze new teachers by giving them crappy classes.

So was the old lady at church right?


No comments:

Post a Comment