Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dialing for Dollars

From: indiatalkies.com

I stumbled across an article about Idaho's plan to tie teacher bonus pay into parent contact.  On one hand, I'm all for experimenting with compensation ideas for teachers (although I think the plans tied to test scores are a bad idea).  On the other hand, given that some schools (like mine) include many students who have parents that constantly move, up to four times in a school year, it could be quite hard for some teachers to talk to their students' parents on a regular basis.

The article mentions that many town in Idaho are so small that teachers and parents will run into each other at the grocery store.  If only I could be so lucky!  One of the benefits of living 25 minutes from school is not seeing my students and their parents when I go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment