Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Funny, I Don't Feel Like a Better Teacher

From: cartoonclipartworld.com


Well, after nearly a 48 hour delay of getting results from when they were promised, I found out that I'm a National Board Certified Teacher.  Funny, I don't feel like a better teacher now that I have that distinction.

I'm happy, of course, to have obtained certification, because a) it's hard and b) it's the only way to get a pay raise any more.  I do take the certification with a grain of salt, however.  I've seen really good teachers struggle to pass National Boards, and very average teachers ace it on the first try.  It seems similar to the SAT:  really good students can struggle with that test, while some very poor students do well on it.  What does it really tell us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment