Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Love Final Projects!


Great job by SEM I 1st period students today with their final... on Twitpic 
From: my twitpic account

The first of my two classes gave their final project presentations on Friday.  Since my second year of teaching, I have used a final project in all of my marketing classes.  For Sports & Entertainment Marketing I, they create an expansion franchise based on the objectives in our course.  All semester long, they turn in parts of the project as we go over that competency in class.

Then, at the end of the year, they present the final project to the rest of the class, and turn in a binder with all of their old papers.  I require business attire on the day of the project presentations, and this year, three principals and three guidance counselors sat in on the first class's presentations.

I believe final projects are great for several reasons:

  • They require students to explain the concepts they learn in class
  • They require students to stay organized
  • They require students to use presentation skills
I can't emphasize enough the benefits of doing final projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment