Thursday, July 18, 2013

New and Old New




I'm looking forward to the new competitor to ESPN, Fox Sports 1.  Although I watch plenty of live sports on ESPN, the other shows (with the exception of Outside The Lines and 30 for 30) are unwatchable.  After the NBA Finals, I have to avoid the network entirely to avoid their Lebron-a-thon.

I should be watching more NBCSports, but unless it's hockey or minor sports, I haven't thought to flip over there.

On the other hand, ESPN has piqued my curiosity by bringing back a face from their glory years with the re-hiring of Keith Olbermann.  His '90s SportsCenters with Dan Patrick, aka The Big Show, were great and something that ESPN has run into the ground.  I plan on watching his new show next month just to see what's changed since the mid-90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment