Monday, July 4, 2011

Animating My Class

GoAnimate4Schools.com: Intro to SEM I by Scott Armstrong

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate4Schools. It's free and fun!

I had read somewhere that teachers should make their web sites informative during the summer, instead of just having generic (or worse, old) information on their page. I took that advice and created an animation about my intro sports marketing class, breaking down for students what they should expect.

One of the nice things about GoAnimate is that it will show how many people click on the animation. I originally put it on my front page, but then moved it to that classes' page. My front page already is pretty long with an embedded video and magazine, so I thought that moving it to the specific class would make more sense.

I may make an animation for my upper level course, although those students have already had me once and already know some of the basic ground rules of my class. I'm hoping that there are enough hits on the animation to make me feel like it was worthwhile, but at least I can show my administration that I'm trying alternate ways to reach students...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment