Sunday, December 11, 2011

Really, Glee, You're Going There?



I was grading papers while my wife was watching "Glee" on the DVR on Sunday night.  I was only half paying attention to the show, but I stopped when I saw the scenes between the student and the teacher he had an affair with.

It's bad enough to depict that situation on TV, but it was even worse when two students discussed whether to tell administrators about this affair.  Um, let me think--yes!  Sadly, at the end of the show, there was some kind of justification to not tell administrators/law enforcement.  Something about letting the opposing glee clubs compete each other.

In the age of Sandusky and Fine is the message we want to send to high school students one of continuing cover-ups of illegal activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment