Saturday, August 27, 2011

Edu-blogging it

From: thewritingbase.com

Despite having no time to plan for my classes while at school (thank you, technology facilitator position), and teaching a class I've actually taught before (which means I don't have to do anything new, right?) I've decided to try one or more new things in my class this semester.

This summer I signed up for an EduBlogs account, and I wrote my first post tonight. I've been using message boards and blogs on my school web site for years, but I was looking for a site where my students could write blogs themselves, instead of just adding comments underneath my posts.

For the first week (or two), I'll continue to have students earn their grade by commenting on my blog post...baby steps! But after everyone's got their feet wet, I'll assign them blogs to write on their own. Stay tuned to see how this works...

No comments:

Post a Comment