Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Imparting My Philosophy in Class


While I was at my summer conference last week, I thought about the first day of school and what we would talk about. I've always disliked the first day of school: too much talking about me, the class, and rules, and not enough about the content.

In order to make this day go by "better," I decided to explain my class to my students on the first day by breaking it down into four quadrants: academics, workplace, technology and class. For each quadrant, I'm going to explain my theories about why the class works the way it does.

I hope this gives students a general idea of what the class will be like. If they come into my class with their eyes wide open, so much the better. At least the first day of school should be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment