Thursday, August 4, 2011

Re-branding

From: ukumillion.com

I grew up an Orioles fan, and the games weren't always on TV. Fortunately, I could catch a lot of games on the radio. It was fun to listen to baseball on the radio when your play-by-play buy is Jon Miller! So, I've been an early sports radio fan since I've been watching sports.

Living in the Triad area is like being in the middle of a sports radio desert. There used to be two sports radio stations (one from ESPN), but now there's none. I really miss listening to Steve Czaban in the morning and Mark Packer in the afternoon.

Fortunately, Yahoo Sports Radio is here. Yahoo took over the old Sporting News Radio this week. I had listened to Sporting News Radio when I could, and used to subscribe to the magazine. It's definitely a long-time sports brand, but apparently, Yahoo is a better brand for sports now. I'm not sure why, but I guess the average person/sports fan is more familiar with Yahoo than The Sporting News. Anyway, I can listen to Czabe online in the morning--great!

No comments:

Post a Comment